MHADA is a short form of the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority, and it is a flare scheme that provides the people of Maharashtra with access to affordable housing. Overall, 1.3k low-cost houses are allotted through a lottery scheme, and applicants are sorted based on their earnings.
Flash Notes – last date of submission extended: MHADA lottery scheme application date is extended, and the last day for payment of earnest money deposit (EMD) is 1st October 2021, 11:59 PM.
- Online registration date – 29th September 2021 & registration by 23.59 PM
- Online application date – extended up to 30th September 2021.
- Online payment acceptance date – extended
- The final directory of accepted applications will be out on 6th October 2021 at 6 PM.
- The lottery draw date is 14th October 2021 at 10 ‘o’clock & the venue is Dr Kashinath Ghanekar Natyagriha, Manpada near Hiranandani Meadows, Thane (West).
- The winner list will be out on 14th October 2021
- If you’ve applied for the lottery and your name isn’t on the list, MHADA refunds the amount within seven working days. The refund date is 21st October 2021. You can even check the refund status by logging in.
Konkan MHADA – also known as KHADB, is a regional unit of MHADA. Konkan MHADA has declared a lottery of 8984 low-cost houses in MMR. Through lucky draw, i.e., selected online winners will be allotted low-cost houses. Amongst these 8,984 houses, 2k houses will be under the Konkan board, and the remaining 6,984 houses are planned to be executed under the PMAY-U scheme.
The link allows you to check all schemes of Konkan board lottery 2021. On this link, if you come to the bottom of the page and click on view all schemes, it leads you to a separate page. A drop-down to the left asks for the scheme code; after entering the relevant code, you get to see scheme name, address, income category, area, RERA registration no & other details. You also get to see the images, floor plan, location, google map, amenities, property reckoner.
In order to apply for the MHADA lottery scheme, you need to register online, (click here) this link shows you the three-step registration process. On the top of this page, click on ‘register’, create a username & fill in the necessary information asked in the form. Be handy with family income details, PAN card number, etc., and provide a working mobile number for all communication.
Once done, press the submit button; the next step is to apply online by selecting the lottery & scheme type. After the selection, print the acknowledgement.
The last step is making an online payment. With this, you complete the application for the MHADA lottery. To make an online payment, you need to log in. You have got a bunch of options to pay through, such as DD, debit card, CC or NEFT/RTGS, along with the scheme list that you enrolled for.
If you want to pay through DD, print the form and submit it to the assigned bank along with DD. You can print the slip from the payment portal and keep it for later use.
In the 2nd step of registration process, you’re supposed to fill in personal details such as which group you belong to (EWS/LIG/MIG/HIG), reservation category, and the applicant type. Enter the scheme code to know shortlisted details. You can find the code from the annexures or the brochures.
Further, you need to mention your bank details. Also, you need to confirm that you or your close family do not hold any property in the city. Lastly, provide a relevant address for communication purposes.
Registration fees of the MHADA lottery scheme (2021) varies category wise.
- For the Economically weaker section, the registration fee is around Rs 5,560 which is required to pay to participate in a lottery scheme. Similarly,
- The lower-income group section needs to pay Rs 10,560
- Middle Income Group needs to pay a registration fee of Rs 15,560
- Higher Income Group needs to deposit Rs 20,000 to participate in the MHADA lottery scheme
Note for all the participants: Additionally, around Rs 560 should be paid for the form.
Categorization of each section based on income, eligible for participating in MHADA lottery scheme,
- EWS – Wages below 25k/month
- LIG – Wages between 25k – 50k/month
- MIG – Wages between 50k – 75k/month
- HIG – Wages above 75k
MHADA lottery scheme spanning areas (Mira Road, Vadavalli, Vartak Nagar, Virar, Kasarvadavali, Shirdhon, Khoni, Gotheghar and Vengurla) & the number of units allotted :
- In the Vadavalli area the number of units allotted is 20
- Vartak Nagar – 67 units allotted
- Mira Road – 196 units allotted
- Kasarvadavali – 350 units allotted
- Virar – 1300 units allotted
Currently, one lakh home buyers have enrolled for the MHADA lottery scheme. In these 69,000 + applicants have enrolled themselves by paying the registration fee called earnest money deposit (EMD).
The state government is happy to witness the overwhelming responses, especially in the initial weeks of September 2021.
LIG segment property details: Area & cost wise
- Vadavalli – 16 lakhs
- Kasarvadavali – 16 lakhs
- Thane’s Vartak Nagar – 38-40 lakhs
In the MIG segment:
The 2 BHK flats are priced around 38-40 lakhs. One thousand three hundred units in Virar have divided for LIG 1,000 units, and the rest 300 units are for the MIG category.
Furthermore, the authority is also planning to build around 7,000 to 10,000 residences in Amravati, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nagpur, and Pune in the next two years to meet the growing housing demands.
Eligibility criteria & documents required for the MHADA housing scheme
- Applicants should be 18 years or above.
- A domicile certificate, proving 15 continuous years of stay in Maharashtra state.
- EWS, LIG, MIG, HIG category fulfilment by submitting salary certificates
- Pan card
- Aadhar card
- Cancelled cheque
- Driving license
- Passport size photos
- Birth certificate
- Residence proof or contact details
MHADA lottery housing scheme boards (2021) the sub-schemes categorized are as follows:
- Mumbai Board
- Pune Board
- Nashik Board
- Konkan Board
- Nagpur Board
- Amravati Board
- Aurangabad Board
The commencement of MHADA lottery scheme first happened in Mumbai in June 2019, wherein around 217 units were allotted across the city within various categories. However, Pune, Solapur, and Kolhapur cities MHADA lottery schemes were announced only recently on 13th April 2021. Due to the pandemic, MHADA elongated to a month’s more time.
To check the winner list, you need to go to the respective city link. The results would be displayed scheme-wise, dwelling description, and income group wise.
MHADA useful contact details:
For any queries, dial toll-free (24×7) at 1800 120 8040. Office @ MHADA, Grihanirman Bhavan, Kalanagar, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400051.
In case of any discrepancies in a refund of your lottery amount, you may reach out at +91-9869988000/022-66405000. If you haven’t received your refund amount, dial the above numbers to find out & your amount will be deposited into your bank accounts within ten working days.
Keynotes for the mill workers applied for the MHADA lottery in 2020
The mill workers’ winner list can be viewed on the site. The lottery scheme was held on 1st March 2020, and through the lucky draw, MHADA offers 3,894 homes at three mill places (Srinivas, Bombay dyeing & Bombay dyeing spring). To avail of this offer, the mill workers must submit the necessary documents to the Mumbai District Central Co-operative Bank on or before 9th October 2021. Due to the pandemic, the authorities have extended the document submission deadlines.