Builders always try to allure people by offering different types of discounts, benefits as well as prizes on their semi-furnished, furnished, and unfurnished units. These above terms create confusion among the buyers as they are not aware of the differences about such apartments. So, let’s find out the difference between these types of lodges in this article.
What Is A Semi-Furnished Apartment?
These types of apartments include a wide range of properties which could get furnished completely. You may expect some facilities from the property owner such as furniture, fans, lights, kitchen cabinet (without utensils) and wardrobes etc. As these apartments are not furnished completely, you may find fewer amenities as compared to the furnished ones.
Merits of Semi-Furnished Apartments:
- Furniture can be purchased and fixed in the apartments. Also, you can install the appliances that you like the most.
- The rent will be lower as compared to the furnished apartments.
- You can decorate such apartments by setting up things of your choice.
- You don’t have to hear a word from your landlord in case of damaging any items because the items would be yours only.
- You can place more items or remove them in such apartments.
Demerits of Semi-Furnished Apartments:
- During the time of leaving the apartment, you will have to take all the items with you which you placed while decoration.
- In order to decorate your apartment, you will have to buy many household items which are an additional expenditure that you may bear.
What Is A Furnished Apartment?
In furnished apartments, all household items are available that are required in your daily life. It is equipped with all the furniture, kitchen utensils as well as electronic appliances which are partly available in Semi-Furnished Apartments. The rent will be higher than the Semi-Furnished or unfurnished ones but as they are completely prepared, all you will need to do is to carry all your required items and start living there without making unnecessary expenses on household items.
Merits of Furnished Apartments:
- Since they are fully-furnished, you don’t need to pay any additional amount on other things to decorate your home.
- You can leave the apartments when you want and you won’t need to carry a lot of additional household items with you.
Demerits of Furnished Apartments:
- The rent will be higher as well as you have to pay a lot of money on security and other facilities.
- The empty spaces will be negligible as the apartment will be equipped with all required household items. So, you won’t be able to add items of your choice.
- You will have to maintain the apartment as well because the items placed there are the property of the landlord.
What Is A Unfurnished Apartment?
Such apartments are not equipped with any furniture or household items. However, you can expect a few items like fridge, stove etc. or dishwasher if your landlord is generous. You can decorate it by placing the items of your choice but you will have to spend a lot of extra money for it.
Merits of unfurnished Apartments:Merits of Furnished Apartments:
- You can decorate it the way you like by adding the household items of your choice.
- You are free to add furniture and kitchen utensils of your choice.
- The rent will be lower as compared to the other kinds of apartments mentioned above.
Demerits of Un-Furnished Apartments:
- You will have to pay a lot of money in purchasing the items to decorate your apartment.
- It will be difficult to carry all the items that you would place in the apartment.
Conclusion: There are some advantages and disadvantages of semi-furnished, furnished, and unfurnished apartments and it is advisable to walk through all the details provided by the landlord as well as to read the deed carefully before moving into any of above mentioned apartment types to avoid unwanted situation.