Vastu Shastra is the old age Hindu Traditional Science of Architecture or more commonly known as Vastu. Vastu circles around the common belief formulated with the goal of integrating nature with your house or apartment. It is believed that, for the happiness and prosperity of all the residents of a house, it is essential for the house to be built as per the guidelines laid by Vastu Shastra.
You don’t have to be a specialist in the ancient knowledge of Vastu to know whether your dream house has been made as per Vastu guidelines or not. Just a quick and basic glance at your house and you would be able to know whether your home is as per the Vastu guidelines or not. How? Don’t put too much stress into that; we are here with some essential tips for you that you should take care while buying your dream house.
The Vastu Shastra for your New House
These are some important things you should look for in your dream house.
- Entrance: If you are looking to buy an apartment, the entry of your block would be considered as the main entrance to your resident. While purchasing a new residential property make sure that the entrance gate is located towards north or north-east. South and west entrances to the house are not recommended.
- Ample Ventilation and Sunlight: Vastu lays importance on having proper ventilation in the house. The home should be open, airy and get plenty of sunlight. Sunlight not only prevents unwanted germs but also kills the unpleasant smell. A North or East Facing windows or balconies are recommended for the Vastu to be complete. According to Vastu, two adjacent houses should not share a common wall as it creates mixed energies.
- Kitchen: According to the traditional mapping of the Vastu, the kitchen should be on the South-East corner of the house or flat. This architecture is known as Aagneya, or the direction looked after by fire element.
- Water Storage Tank: According to the Vastu, the water storage tank should be ideally placed in the North East Corner of the apartment or building as this is the area that gets the first ray of the sunlight and thus maintains the purity of the water.
- Toilets and Bathroom: This is an integral part of the Vastu Shastra. As per the Vastu, the toilets and bathrooms should be ideally placed on the South West or Southern corner of the house.